Question

Failed to create an add attendee/s to an event in Google Calendar: The app returned "Not Found."

• 6 September 2023
  • 16 replies

When I test my Zap, I am faced with this error message: 'Failed to create an add attendee/s to event in Google Calendar The app returned "Not Found". Troubleshoot error'

How do I fix?

Attached are the screenshots.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FinTech-Aviv 

Good question.

The GCal Event field expects the GCal Event ID.

You may need to add this Zap action: GCal - Find Event

I’m presented with this:

Failed to find an event in Google Calendar

Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search.

Troubleshoot error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

Please post screenshots to help us have context.

I chose one minute before the event start for the search

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

The Search is for an exact match.

If these Event doesn’t have this exact start time and end time, then no Event will be found.

I changed it to the exact timing of the event but received the same error message

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

The time is not formatted correctly in the parenthesis.

Check the field description for more guidance.

If I apply for a free trial and then cancel before it activates permanently, will this deactivate the Zap?  An upgraded plan is required for a three step Zap.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

Zaps with 3+ steps require a Zapier paid plan to turn ON.

So it won’t turn off once I no longer have a paid plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

If you have a Zap ON that is 3+ steps, then downgrade to a Zapier free plan, then Zap will be automatically turned OFF.

Zaps with 3+ steps require a Zapier paid plan to turn ON.

I see.  Another thing - how do I publish the Zap without adding attendees - the idea is that submitting the registration form will add them to the Google calendar, but the Zap requires an email address.  The one I included was a placeholder. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

You would probably want to use this Zap action: GCal - Created Detailed Event

This didn’t work - it requires an email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @FinTech-Aviv! 👋

The Create Detailed Event action doesn’t require an email address, but the Add Attendee/s to Event action would. When the Zap is switched on and up and running, if the Wix form’s Contact Email field contains a real email address then this will be added to the Google Calendar event. 

You can test that the Zap will add the correct email address and not the placeholder one by either pulling a new test record or by editing the test record data. I’d recommend changing it to an email address that your own so that you can double-check the email invite to the event is sent. You’d then need to retest Add Attendee/s to Event action to check it adds that email to the event.

Once you’re happy that the Zap works as desired, you can then publish the Zap and attendees will only be added to the event if the Wix Form is filled out with their contact details. 

Hope that helps to clarify things here. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FinTech-Aviv 

No email address is required for the Zap action: GCal - Create Detailed Event

Required fields are marked with (required) or conditionally indicated in the field description.