Skip to main content
Question

Failed to create a transcription in OpenAI (GPT-4, DALL-E, Whisper) The app returned "Unauthorized".

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, While trying to use OpenAI for transcript a voicenote I get a an error message saying “the app returned “unauthorized’. I don’t know why, I have credits in my openAI account, and the API key has no restrictions. I thought it could be the file extension or the  weight but I discarded it. Voicenote is in mp3 with around 16MB. My integration uses googledrive to find the file in the folder, and then from it a get the url that i provide to OpenAI. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Luismgarciagil! 😁

Hmm, since your account has the correct access I wonder if the error might be more to do with OpenAI not having the correct access to be able to access the file on your Google Drive? 

To test that theory can you do the following:

• Add a Add File Sharing Preference (Google Drive) action after the Find a File (Google Drive) action.
  • Set the Sharing Preference to “Anyone on the internet who has the link can view”.
  • Test the action to apply the sharing preference to the file and then test the OpenAI action again to see if that then allows the voicenote to be accessed successfully.

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that works as hoped?