Question

Failed to create a transcription in Descript Error from halted execution: The file pointed by the URL does not seem to be an audio file

• 1 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Trying to create a zap where a new audio file in a folder on dropbox leads to an auto pass through and request to descript to transcribe. 

I have been able to connect both drop box and descript but the action portion of the zap gives me this error:

Failed to create a transcription in Descript

Error from halted execution: The file pointed by the URL does not seem to be an audio file (Content-Type of https://uce3be2c2e835e1f101063b3a03b.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/get/B5WrrtW_vYe0q6a62AWZp3bDzzj9sF0_GS4cRcrEF0Dm4XRjXGcK_1H2-braW3w88Rbn0N5thQ-5M1arLGPwnQrFKh4d5RikC4W-4PG6Skjd2sLtEaVBXb5CHSbEKhd3WA1x7iYDuuGqf6MrYq2v9Cp95pTtX5EwGsPIh7qd87uEi7WtaLskiusg92ZI1kut37s/file was application/json)

Details:
-I created a new dropbox to drop in an audio file as a test for the zap.

-the file is a confirmed audio file you can see it here [dropbox public link]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mc536djj7toljl/5Why%20You%20Should%20Guest%20Post%20to%20Build%20Your%20Email%20ListTEST3%20copy.mp3?dl=0

What can I do to fix this zap and have the request go through?

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @sanathemarketer 

Thank you for explaining the situation.

Could you kindly send screenshots of how the steps of you Zap was set up? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi @sanathemarketer 

Thank you for explaining the situation.

Could you kindly send screenshots of how the steps of you Zap was set up? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Hi Charie,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Dropped the screenshots here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r6RKYFagGl_tCNEcMVm_WNpI01p7iCE3?usp=share_link

If you need any others please tell me which parts of the zap you need them for.

Best,

Sana

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sanathemarketer!

The member who asked this question had the same issue:

What worked for them was using the File field from dropbox, rather than the file link. Could you give that a go and see if it works?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

​​​​​​I tried that and got this error:

Failed to create a transcription in Descript

Required field "File URL" (fileURL) is missing.

Troubleshoot error

What should I do?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @sanathemarketer 

Can you send the details of the Test action step to see what kind of data the action step is receiving? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them)

144964c154e6ce40563214ab241dc391.png

Userlevel 1

Please find attached. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sanathemarketer,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please try loading in a recent sample data by going to the “Test” section of your trigger step? Here’s an example:

7be3e03ae7f0deed80b9a9ec052ee5cb.png
(view larger)

After loading in the recent sample data, please select the most recent one and test the action step again.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

I’m having this exact same problem but with google drive. I’m using the file field, not the url, and it’s still not working. I’ve tried several different workarounds

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @imagnify,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!