Best answer

Failed to create a subscriber in Klaviyo Your API key is missing required scopes: profiles:write

• 10 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I created a zap between a Google Form and Klaviyo.

I set my Klaviyo to add subscriber to newsletter list.

I added both public and private API key. The Private API Key is set to customized access read: Read: Accounts, Campaigns, Catalogs, Conversations, Coupon Codes, Coupons, Data Privacy, Events, Flows, Images, List, Metrics, Profiles, Push Tokens, Segments, Subscriptions, Tags, Templates, and Webhooks

Yet, when I test the zap connection to Klaviyo, I get this error message: Failed to create a subscriber in Klaviyo Your API key is missing required scopes: profiles:write

I can’t seem to find the error.

icon

Best answer by John Smith 10 February 2024, 09:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I had the same error with a similar zap before and it turned out to be a permissions problem. 

You'll need to ensure that your API key in Klaviyo has the correct permissions to both read and write data as necessary for your Zap to function. Specifically, the “profiles:write”permission is crucial for adding subscribers to a list, as this action modifies data within Klaviyo.

• Go to your Klaviyo dashboard.
  • Navigate to the API Keys section under your account settings.
  • Check the permissions assigned to your private API key. If ”profiles:write” is not enabled, you will need to adjust the permissions.
  • Add the new API key to you zap and test again.
    ​​​

I hope this helps

Hi John, this is what it shows. I either have read or full access. I’m assuming I need to choose full access for the whole list. Is that right?

Legend! I had to choose full access for the whole list!! Thanks so much John!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Glad it worked out.