Skip to main content
Best answer

Failed to create a subscriber in Flodesk (1.0.21) Cannot read properties of null (reading 'map')

• 19 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, My Zap has been working but today I got this error message 

Failed to create a subscriber in Flodesk (1.0.21)

Cannot read properties of null (reading 'map')

The Al troubleshooter has offered this advice (pasted below), but as a beginner I have no idea what it means. Can somebody please explain this so a complete novice can understand it. Thanks :)

The error "Cannot read properties of null (reading 'map')" typically occurs when the code is trying to access a property of a null or undefined object. In your case, it seems that the FlodeskCLIAPI step is attempting to map over a value that is null or undefined. This could be due to the dynamic data from the previous step not being correctly passed or formatted.

To resolve this issue, first, ensure that the dynamic data placeholders (e.g., {{242279599__75d32353c781d0239b1a68376fae251c851e7865}}) are correctly mapped and not returning null values. You can do this by testing the previous step to confirm it outputs the expected data. If the data is correct, try re-mapping the fields in the FlodeskCLIAPI step to ensure they are correctly linked. Additionally, you can add a filter or a code step before the FlodeskCLIAPI step to check for null values and handle them appropriately, ensuring that all required fields have valid data before proceeding.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ali B 

Make sure you’ve updated to the most recent version of the Flodesk Zap app integration: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/18755649454989-Update-to-the-latest-app-version-in-Zaps

For us to have more context about the error, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks so much for getting back to me @Troy Tessalone . I think that might have been the issue as it seems to have resolved itself as its says there are now no issues.

However, just to make sure I want to test the Zap, however even though Zapier says that a subscriber has been sent to Flodesk I can’t see any record of it on Flodesk. I think this might be because ‘John Smith’ has previously been sent to Flodesk. If this is the case, can I change the test name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Ali B,

We’re glad to hear that the error is now resolved by updating the Flodesk version as Troy suggested. Regarding your question, since Squarespace doesn’t return the real sample data you can modify the sample data by clicking on the pencil with a plus sign icon on the “Test” section of the trigger.

More about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093-Change-the-test-record-in-your-Zap-trigger#h_01HFMCC2R43P5S47AXW7TDNKJW

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @ken.a 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Ali B!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗