Skip to main content
Best answer

Failed to create a subscriber in CleverReach

• 2 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I successfully connected Zapier with our Squarespace Newsletter Form and am now trying to connect this with CleverReach. The account is successfully connected and “Action” also works but then the test always fails, producing this error: 

Failed to create a subscriber in CleverReach

The app returned `{"message":"Add/update recipient failed. Invalid email address provided."} What happened: Executing creates.add_update_subscriber.operation.perform with bundle {"message":"Add/update recipient failed. Invalid email address provided."} Console logs: ` as error, which we cannot read.

I tried to only transmit the email adress and not name, institution etc. And it works! The error only occurs if in the “action” section I also select the first name, last name, ansprache and institution. But we need this info from our newsletter subscribers.

Does anyone have an idea where the mistake lies? I attached screenshots.

Thank you!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @D2C 

The Email field expects a valid email address, but you have non-email address variables mapped to the field.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

thank you so much for your answer!

Now I understood that the other fields are below. 🙈

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Happens to the best of us, @D2C! Happy to see the awesome @Troy Tessalone was able to point you in the right direction here! 🎉

Seems like you’re all set for the moment but do let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡