Question

Failed to create a share in LinkedIn: Error from halted execution

• 11 March 2024
  • 9 replies

I have created a ZAP that posts on LinkedIn as soon as the card in Trello gets moved to done.
The zap filters out details from the Trello card including the description and the image URL from the card cover.

the ZAP works fine until I don’t provide Image URL to the LinkedIn flow but, as soon as I provide the URL, it throws the error.

I have tried public URLs, as well as open hosted image URLs, multiple extensions etc. but no resolution.

Attaching the images of the flow and configurations.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @matrixboy,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the LinkedIn action step that shows all of its fields:

819e79901d9b3b41094fb6659921832e.png
(view larger)

Thanks!

Here is the ss of the action section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @matrixboy,

Thanks for the screenshot!

Could you please let me know if the mapped URL in the “Content - Image URL” field is a direct URL to an image? I believe that field looks for the direct image URL.

a62e87c7de53e5d0b17345485b9b9433.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

I have also place the direct URL to the Image but I still get error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @matrixboy,

I would like to kindly ask you to provide me with the direct URL that you entered into the "Content - Image URL" field. This field requires a direct URL image, which means that the URL should lead directly to the image and not to a webpage that contains other elements such as text, ads, or navigation menus.

To be more specific, when you enter the URL into a web browser's address bar, the browser should display or download the image file directly, without loading any other surrounding webpage content.

I’m having this error as well. The crazy thing is, this automation has been working for months, and now suddenly it stopped working.

I have been using the “File (exists but not shown)” option when trying to use a photo from Google Drive. This same option works for my business LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook but is now suddenly throwing me an error for my normal LinkedIn page and I can't find any option that works to share an image. I tried every URL and image option for the images from my Google Drive step and none of them work.

I get the “Error from halted execution” error when I try to use URLs of any kind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NoahToKnow,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried replaying the errored Zap run? Kindly go to your Zap History, and click on the errored run and click on the “Replay Zap run” button. Like so:

00e7f415d877d12b3aabdada49a80713.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

I am also getting the same errors when trying to pass an image, generated by DALL-E, through to the “Content - Image URL” field in the LinkedIn step. This is working in Made.com’s integration with LinkedIn, with the same exact URLs. Therefore this is not a LinkedIn issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @joeucreative,

Have you tried replaying the errored run in the Zap History? Are you still experiencing the same error after replaying the run?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!