Best answer

Failed to create a send channel message in Slack: 502 Bad Gateway, a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page

• 23 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello community,

I'm facing an issue with our design requests form connection and could really use your expertise and advice. Some time ago, the connection broke, and we stopped receiving notifications. The problem seems to be related to the channel being renamed.

I tried updating the channel information in Zapier's action tab by adding the channel ID in the Custom tab, as instructed. However, when I tested the action, I received an error message: "Failed to create a send channel message on Slack."

I also attempted a workaround by manually entering the channel ID in the Custom value option for the Channel field, as suggested. But during a live test, I encountered a new error: "502 Bad Gateway."

I'm now unsure about the next steps to take in order to fix this issue and restore the functionality of our design requests form. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has insights on resolving these errors, I would greatly appreciate your assistance and suggestions.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 May 2023, 17:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @datalab, welcome to the community!

Hmm, usually when Slack errors because it can’t find the channel it’s looking for, you’ll see the message channel_not_found

Have you tried creating a new connection between your Slack account and Zapier? You can do that in the Zap or in ‘My Apps’ That should refresh all of the authorizations for the app and the available channel. When you’ve done that, you’ll need to go to the Zap and select the new connection in any Slack triggers/actions you have. 

Could you give that a go and let us know how you get on? If that doesn’t help, let us know and we’ll take another look with you :)

Userlevel 1

It works Danvers.

Thank you.