Best answer

Failed to create a sales invoice in Sage Accounting: 504 Gateway Time-out

• 22 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’m trying to Create Sales Invoice in Sage Accounting and I’m getting this error, I have check my connection all is fine

Failed to create a sales invoice in Sage Accounting

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page →

I have contacted Sage support and they say everything looks good on their end, 

Thanks 

James

icon

Best answer by ken.a 1 January 2024, 07:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @James McManus 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Yes that makes sense! 

Thank you, 

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James McManus 

We would need to see screenshots with how that Zap step is configured in the ‘Action’ section.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thanks so much, 

James

Userlevel 1

Just to say I basically want to create an invoice from a form submission so if there is an easier app to use than sage I will be guided by your advice, thanks James

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @James McManus,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the 504 error you’re encountering is a known bug with the Sage Accounting integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Sage Accounting on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a

Thanks for the explanation, that’s most helpful, 

James 

I’m also experiencing this issue.  Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that @snappeas. I’ve added you to the list of folks being affected by these 504 Gateway Time-out errors. There aren’t any reported workarounds at present and we can’t make any promises around when it will be fixed by but, we’ll be sure to send out an email notification to you as soon as it is. 

Hi, same thing happening with me I’m afraid. Thanks for looking at this. Hopefully Sage will come back with something useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @stevegarvey. I’ve added your name to the list of everyone who’s being affected by these errors with the Sage Accounting app.

As ever, we’re unable to give any sort of estimate as to when you can expect it to be resolved by but we’ll be sure to email you once a fix has been shipped! 🙂