Best answer

Failed to create a purchase event in Facebook Conversions (#270)

• 21 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

I started to have a problem with my facebook conversion api zap and I don’t know why.

Failed to create a purchase event in Facebook Conversions

(#270) This Ads API request is not allowed for apps with development access level (Development access is by default for all apps, please request for upgrade). Make sure that the access token belongs to a user that is both admin of the app and admin

This zap has run a lot of data the last days without any problem. 

I haven’t changed nothing, it’s too weird.

Tell me please if you know how to help me.

Sorry for my English and thank you so much for read me.

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 October 2022, 00:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

I’m having the same issue, but oddly for only one (of several) clients. Nothing changed. Connection tests fine. Fields are showing up.

There’s no app on our side, which makes me think there’s a Zapier FB app in the background that needs reauthentication.

Userlevel 1

I began seeing this today as well.  I’m happy to know I’m not alone!

Same. Has been running fine for a while and in the last 12-14 hours stopped working. It also has begun to over-report conversion events to Facebook over the last 3-4 days.

Zapier support is aware of the situation.

You are not the only one who has experienced this behavior (as you found in the Community) and we have an existing request open with the developers to address it.

Facebook actually develops and maintains the Zapier Facebook Conversions integration directly.

It’s not shocking that Facebook’s managed to screw this up; the ad platform is a heaping pile of garbage these days.

I replayed my Zaps this morning and it appears as if the FB Conversion API worked, got the green light. 

And now Facebook is drastically over-reporting conversions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Just coming in to close the loop here for anyone following along to let y’all know this bug has been closed. If for some reason, you continue to run into issues that are the same/similar to this error, the best thing to do is to contact our support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, everything is up and running now but if not, our support and engineering teams will ensure all is taken care of!