Best answer

Failed to create a prompt in OpenAI: [invalidrequesterror] You are not allowed to sample from this model

• 13 November 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Every time that I attempt to test “Send Prompt in OpenAI (GPT-3, DALL-E, Whisper)” with Dall-E 3, I get the following error: “Failed to create a prompt in OpenAI (GPT-3, DALL-E, Whisper)
[invalid_request_error] You are not allowed to sample from this model”.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 November 2023, 01:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @luke1037 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Action section is configured for the Zap step.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, Here’s a screenshot of the current Action configuration:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@luke1037 

Perhaps try this Zap action: OpenAI - Generate Image

###

Docs: https://platform.openai.com/docs/models/dall-e

DALL·E 3 is available through our Images API along with DALL·E 2.
You can try DALL·E 3 through ChatGPT Plus.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Doesn’t the Zapier “OpenAI - Generate Image” action only use Dalle-2? Is there a way I can get it to only use Dalle-3? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@luke1037 

You may have to use the OpenAI Images API

https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/images/introduction?context=node

DALL·E 3 is available through our Images API along with DALL·E 2.

Some options to try for using the OpenAI API.

Userlevel 1

Ok, thank you very much! I will try to call the images API and report back.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok, thank you very much! I will try to call the images API and report back.

look forward to here about your test of this call to the API… trying to do similar task

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I have tried to use the app extension to generate a call to the OpenAI api, but no success. Having trouble figuring out how to format the api calls using Zapier. Any advice here would be much appreciated, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@luke1037and @Claus Svendsen 

Try this...

CONFIG

Action: OpenAI - API Request

HTTP Method: POST

URL:

https://api.openai.com/v1/images/generations

Headers:

Content-Type: application/json

Body:

Change the “prompt” value in the JSON.

{
"model": "dall-e-3",
"prompt": "a white siamese cat",
"n": 1,
"size": "1024x1024"
}

OUTPUT

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Success! Thank you very much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news, @luke1037! Thanks so much for hopping back here to confirm that API Request (Beta) action did the trick, we really appreciate it. Awesome work here as usual @Troy Tessalone! 👏👏👏 

@Claus Svendsen - hopefully that approach will work for you too. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this!

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s fantastic news, @luke1037! Thanks so much for hopping back here to confirm that API Request (Beta) action did the trick, we really appreciate it. Awesome work here as usual @Troy Tessalone! 👏👏👏 

@Claus Svendsen - hopefully that approach will work for you too. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this!

Yes i tried the POST call and it works. Thanks a million !!!!!!

Now i’m having issues getting the zapp to run. Let me explain.

I have a google sheet where i have 20 different prompts in column B Row 1 to 20. I want the zap to loop trough all 20 prompts and fee them into the POST call and then save the generated image in a google folder. The last part, saving the Dall E 3 image to a Google folder, i got to work. its the beginning that does not work for me. 

Thanks for helping!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Claus Svendsen 

Might be best to post your own topic and provide screenshots so it gets proper attention.