Skip to main content

Failed to create a profile in Klaviyo

The app returned "Invalid input.".

Im using Guesty, connecting via Zapier to import all bookings into Klaviyo and I cannot get it to work fr the life of me. All field are correct except anything to do with location because alot of the time these are left empty. This is the advice from Zapier

The error "Invalid input" from the "KlaviyoCLIAPI@2.2.1" step indicates that one or more fields in the input data are not formatted correctly or contain invalid values. Based on the input data provided, it seems that some fields might be causing issues, such as the emailfirst_namelast_namephone_number, and city fields.

To resolve this, ensure that the dynamic data being passed into these fields is correctly formatted and not empty. For example, check that the email field contains a valid email address, and the phone_number field contains a valid phone number. You can use Zapier's built-in Formatter tool to clean and validate the data before passing it to Klaviyo. Additionally, ensure that the city and country fields are not empty or containing invalid characters. If any of these fields are optional in Klaviyo, you might want to remove them from the input data to see if that resolves the issue.

How do I fix this?

Hi @Claire Dyson 

For us to have more context, post these screenshots:

• How the Klaviyo Zap step is configured in EDIT mode
  • The encountered Zap step error