Question

Failed to create a post in WordPress - Error code 403: Sorry, you are not allowed to assign the provided terms

• 18 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there!

I saw someone else had a similar issue but the topic was closed and the solution given didn’t seem to work for my situation.

I’m trying to send data from Ninja Forms form to a create a Wordpress post. It all works fine, but when I try to pass the category selected by the user who submitted the form, I get this error:

Failed to create a post in WordPress
WordPress ran into an issue. Error code 403: Sorry, you are not allowed to assign the provided terms.” 

I read in a similar forum post that you have to use category IDs rather than titled in order for it to process correctly to the WP post, but if I have the user selecting the category in the form, not sure how I could instead have them select an anonymous ID number that wouldn’t make sense as an option.

Anyone know how to pass data from a submission form to the category field of a WP post without getting this error? Would love any help! :)

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @belief.hole.podcast,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Categories” field is looking for the Category ID. If you want to pass the data based on the form submitted. I suggest adding a Formatter by Zapier - Lookup table action. Here is our help article about the Lookup table function:

Additionally, we have a Community post that talks about the Lookup table function:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊