Question

Failed to create a pin in Pinterest: The app returned "Sorry, this image is broken. Please pick a different image.

• 22 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there, gang!

I’m running into some issues with trying to have my Instagram account post to my Pinterest account.

Specifically, I run into the following error after designating which image to send from Instagram to Pinterest:

“Failed to create a pin in Pinterest

The app returned "Sorry, this image is broken. Please pick a different image.”

The challenge is, I have tried selecting every available option available under the “image” pulldown, and all of them result in encountering this same error. It’s unclear how best to proceed. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you very much for your help! 😀

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Vanessak!

Something I’ve seen before is that the Media URL is not to an image, but to a video. Can you verify whether the sample from Instagram is indeed an image? If not, you’re going to run into that error. 

If that’s the case you can check some of the other samples in your Instagram trigger step to see if they’re images. And if they’re not, you can re-test it to pull in new samples :)

Thank you very much for your help, Nick! 😀

You’re correct! The Media URL is set to a video, but the tricky thing is, I don’t have any options in the pulldown that are specific to an image. By any chance, would you happen to know how to get an image link to populate in that pulldown? (sorry. Total noob question!) Thank you again so much for all your help! 

Quick follow-up question and clarification:

Videos are 90% of what I post. Is it possible to have Zapier post videos too (not only images)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Vanessak 

You’re correct! The Media URL is set to a video, but the tricky thing is, I don’t have any options in the pulldown that are specific to an image. By any chance, would you happen to know how to get an image link to populate in that pulldown? (sorry. Total noob question!) Thank you again so much for all your help! 

• You can try using the thumbnail URL for the image link.

Quick follow-up question and clarification:

Videos are 90% of what I post. Is it possible to have Zapier post videos too (not only images)?

• Yes, you can use Zapier for posted videos too.

00c98f790506590e838f553ce0ae4a9a.png

Hopefully, this helps!