Best answer

Failed to create a pdf page tools: rotate and delete pages from pdf in PDF.co The app returned "400".

I received the following error code:

Failed to create a pdf page tools: rotate and delete pages from pdf in PDF.co
The app returned "400".

Set up multi-step Zap. Steps 1-6 of zap functions appropriately when tested, multiple times. Simply trying to delete extra pages from a PDF. Waiting to upgrade Zapier service until this works, otherwise won’t serve our needs.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 April 2023, 20:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @SYSL-Mike 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

What plan do you have with Zapier? At least a starter plan is required to have a multi-step Zap.

Correct. My question is related to TESTING. All the other parts of the multistep zap test and function, but not the last step. Can you please review the concern using PDF.co. 

Are you saying that a paid Starter plan is required to TEST a single step function in a zap, even though the other 6 single step functions test correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @SYSL-Mike,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I’m so sorry for the confusion here. Could you please share a detailed screenshot with how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section of your PDF.co step. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Thanks Ken. I have also reached out to PDF.co to figure out if their integration can work (or not) with folders that are protected with authorized users. The Zaps so far have been working in protected ways without needing additional authorizations, so I’m confused or unclear whether the issue is with PDF.co, Zapier, or something else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SYSL-Mike,

Thank you for the screenshot and additional information.

My hunch here on why the PDF.co action is receiving an error when testing could be the mapped link in the “Direct link to source PDF” field. Could you please let me know if that link from Google Drive is publicly accessible?

Keep us posted! 😊

The files and folders are protected in Google Drive for authorized users only. It is not publicly accessible with the link. 

Is Zapier able or not able to set up a Zap for non-programmer’s simple data entry to provide authorization criteria to match the PDF.co password/security functions? (https://apidocs.pdf.co/32-pdf-password-and-security) Zapier already accesses these files and folders through Google credentials. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SYSL-Mike,

Thanks for letting me know!

It appears that the problem lies in the "Direct link to source PDF" field, which requires the link to be accessible to the public as specified in the field description.

1506072bbe99f97c1bf74b4314cd69e1.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Unfortunately, the response does not solve the problem. Do you have a solution to address the need to use a low-volume service to delete extra pages in a PDF in an automated workflow with Zaps and protected files/folders in Google Drive?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @SYSL-Mike 

Did you mean you want the Zap to remove the extra or unnecessary pages in a PDF? If so, I don’t think there’s an app that has that kind of feature.

You can check our apps page here.

Hello SYSL-Mike,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. When integrating Google Drive with PDF.co in Zapier, use the `File` property to retrieve restricted files. This property allows PDF.co to access the restricted file needed for processing. Kindly refer to our documentation available at the following link for more information: https://developer.pdf.co/integrations/zapier/input-file-sources/index.html#google-drive

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know.