Question

Failed to create a move file in Google Drive: The app returned " File not found: 1 ID: 1--1L

HI,

I have a form that uploads to a Gdrive folder and drops the attachments there. I would like to move the attachment to a new folder. I have created a Zap that is triggering when the new file comes in, but I can’t get it to move this new file to the new folder. It isn’t showing an error. Just not doing it.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ANola 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with your encountered error in order for us to be able to evaluate and advise, thanks.

Hi Troy, Thanks so much for responding.

I think it is not finding the new file. But since the name of the file is autocreated with each form submission, it will change. Here are the screenshots. It would be good enough if it moved any files with the extension .docx.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ANola 

This field expects the File ID from Step 1, not the File Extension variable.

I have tried that. However, then when a new file with a different ID shows up, it doesn’t move it. I’m trying to move the new files that are autocreated by the form. Is there a way to pick up the ID from step one where the new file is identified and carry that over? Or to leave the file name empty but tell it to pick up anything with a certain extension?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ANola 

Try this...

Thanks, Troy. I tried that with two different files and I get a ”not found” error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ANola

Can you confirm those files with those File IDs still exist? (meaning not deleted)

Take the browser link for an existing file from GDrive, then replace the ID in the file URL to see if that clicks thru.

How to change your trigger test data: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Otherwise, please post updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Yes, I confirmed the IDs. And I copied them from the browser to replace them. Unfortunately, I’m still encountering an error. Thanks for sticking with me. I have been trying for a while and I might be making some silly newbie mistake.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ANola 

You need to map the ID variable from Step 1 using the ‘Custom’ mapping option.

It should look like this.

Hi, It took me a while to flush all my test data to start again. I picked from the custom, but I can’t add the 1--

It runs but doesn’t recognize any new files. Just runs for that specific file ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ANola 

Try turning the Zap ON, then testing, and check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The GDrive trigger is scheduled, meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Although you can manually Run a Zap with scheduled trigger so you don’t have to wait.

Thanks, Troy for all the help. I ended up resorting to a different solution. I really appreciate the support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ANola!

I’m glad that you could find a way to set up your automation the way you needed to 😊

Just to confirm, Troy’s solution:

You need to map the ID variable from Step 1 using the ‘Custom’ mapping option.

It should look like this.

Should do the trick if you find yourself needing something similar in the future.