Question

“Failed to create a message in WhatsApp Notifications" - Help please!

• 4 December 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I am trying to build a Zap connecting Instantly (Email outreach software) with WhatsApp Messenger.

The process contains 2 steps:

1. Trigger: A new reply is received in Instantly
  2. Action: Send me a message in WhatsApp about the new message

This Zap has worked perfectly before with Twilio (SMS provider) sending me SMS messages; I simply want to replace Twilio with Whatsapp now.

After I set everything up and go to test WhatsApp, I get the following error message: 

“Failed to create a message in WhatsApp Notifications

The app returned "(#100) Invalid parameter".

I have recorded a Loom as a reference: 

Thanks for any help!

Mathias

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LowRider 

Good question.

The field “Link to Lead Source” may expect a URL value.

The field “Lead Source” may have max character limits or special character limits.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, it worked!

The solution is to simply try out which format those inputs allow and which they don’t.

I replaced some of the inputs with simpler ones and it worked.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @LowRider! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Badge
Hi there,I tried to set the action to send me the text of the email on Whatsapp (I use "Body Plain") but even with a short text I get the error message.Is it possible to send me the text of the email received via WhatsApp?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @oderfla,

My hunch here that the issue comes from the “Link to reply” field. I believe that field only accepts URLs. Have you tried using a different template in WhatsApp Notifications?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Badge
no, the problem arises only when I use the "body Pain" data (which among other things I see correctly filled in with the text inserted in the test email I sent myself)
Badge
I tried using a different model in WhatsApp notifications and the zap arrives correctly.I changed the destination app and using the "Body Pain" data: it lands correctly.Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @oderfla! We’re glad to hear the Zap is now working.

Happy Zapping! ⚡️

Badge
no, zap doesn't work with whatsapp! 
if I try to send the "Body Pain" data, zapier gives me an error (like a screenshot above)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @oderfla,

I’m so sorry for the confusion here.

Upon investigating, it appears the issue stems from how the data is formatted in the "Name" field. Other users have encountered similar problems due to the way the data is formatted in the "Name" field. The specific error message is as follows:

"Param text cannot have new-line\/tab characters or more than 4 consecutive spaces"

It seems the "Name" field is designed to accept only standard name formats. Could you please enter John Doe in the "Name" field and then test the Zap again I'm curious to see if the error persists after you input John Doe.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Badge
Hi, that's exactly what I meant!If I enter some text ("John Doe" or "puppalafava" or other....) I don't encounter any errors and the message is correctly forwarded to my whatsapp.However, using the "email" trigger I would be interested in sending the internal text to the email on WhatsApp, is it possible to resolve this anomaly in your opinion, or report this problem to the WhatsApp developers?Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @oderfla,

I believe this is due to the selected template in the “Template” field since the “Name” field only accepts standard name format. Would you mind trying or selecting another template from the “Template” field of the WhatsApp Notifications step?

5fb01f2fec33cd7cf49dbe92b2497cda.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Badge
Hi, I've tried all the available templates and every time I use "Body Pain" I get the same error.

is it possible to resolve this anomaly in your opinion, or report this problem to the WhatsApp developers?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @oderfla,

It appears that the WhatsApp Notification templates have limitations that allow only certain formats. As you're mapping the email's body, it may not be possible to send it through the WhatsApp Notifications action step due to the large number of characters it contains.

To address this, I recommend that you reach out to our Support Team to create a feature request for you so that you can send the email's body in the WhatsApp Notifications action step.

Our current templates available are located here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/19805639844621-Send-messages-in-Zaps-using-WhatsApp#h_01HB67G985W6KVP8XZD65YV90W.

You can contact our Support Team by following this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help.

Hopefully, this helps!