Question

Failed to create a membership level change in Paid Memberships Pro The app returned "Sorry, you are not allowed to do that.".

• 22 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi amazing people!

I’m trying to connect GoHighLevel (Lead Connector) with Paid Membership Pro on Wordpress.

GHL is the trigger, so when someone buys the product in GHL, I want people to get access on Paid Membership Pro.

Everything is setup correctly, but I get the following error:

Failed to create a membership level change in Paid Memberships Pro

The app returned "Sorry, you are not allowed to do that.".

Is it a problem with permissions? How do I give permissions? Or is it something wrong with my Zap?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @jovan0000 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your Zap.

I checked our notes on Paid Memberships Pro and here’s what it says on permissions:

So this is possible to tweak now already with a bit of custom PHP code, to tweak Paid Memberships Pro permissions.

Right now, we use the respective capabilities outlined in this code:

https://github.com/strangerstudios/paid-memberships-pro/blob/dev/includes/rest-api.php#L985-L1000

The customer would just need to make sure their authenticated user has the following WordPress capabilities and then it should work:

pmpro_edit_memberships pmpro_discountcodes pmpro_orders These permissions may be configured inside WordPress using a role editor plugin to create a custom "admin-like" WordPress role and authenticate with that.

On a side note, we use Application Passwords that is more secure than passing a regular password. As Application Passwords are only used for third-party authentication like >Zapier and cannot be used to log in to a WordPress site.

We won't be building a new feature into our product to add these capabilities, but will provide the workaround mentioned in this response to let developers tweak the >authentication account required. (We recommend admins, but a Membership Manager Role would be able to authenticate with Zapier as well).

We'd be more than happy to help the customer directly if they need and can reach us on our site at www.paidmembershipspro.com/support.

Please let me know if you have other questions.