Question

Failed to create a media in Instagram for Business,"Signature not valid in the specified time frame"

Why does this appear and how to fix?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @davidlid 

Good question.

To give us enough context, please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured, thanks.

Hi @davidlid 

Good question.

To give us enough context, please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured, thanks.

So it's an automation for an insta account. I will show screenshots that I think are necessarily, if I need to show more just let me know. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidlid 

This looks to be an app authentication issue.

Try reconnecting your app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Then try testing again the Zap step again.

I’m getting permission errors when using some of the triggers or actions, but other ones work fine

When you first connect to Instagram for Business, you have the option to allow specific permissions and access to Facebook Pages. In order for all Zapier features to work, you must allow all permissions for the Facebook Page you’re connecting. If you’ve disallowed certain permissions, some triggers and actions may not work as intended.

If you suspect this may be the case, you can edit your permissions.

I’m getting an error when using the Publish Photos action

There are 3 requirements for Publish Photos to work properly:

• You must have a Business Instagram Account. This will not work for a Creator account.
  • The connected Facebook user must also have the Editor" or "Admin" page roles in order to Publish Media.
  • If you do have a Business Instagram Account and your connected user is an Editor or Admin on the Facebook page, make sure that you have provided Zapier with the proper permissions.

@Troy Tessalone

I tried it but it did not work. As you see, it’s already authenticated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidlid 

Try reselecting the IG account in the Zap step.

@Troy Tessalone 

Also tried that. But why is there a time limit of 2 hours? Should it really be like that?

“Start [Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:06:57 GMT] - Expiry [Thu, 22 Jun 2023 20:06:57 GMT] -”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davidlid 

Not sure.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi Team, 

I am having the same error, testing to see the value of ZApier but so far still struggling with some points.

First happened with me with the Integration of Wordpress to Upload Image, so I changed to try Google Drive to do a simple upload a file in a folder and the problem happen again.

Is interesting the Timeframe , the Start Date and time is very close to the moment that I Start using the Credits and Billing Reset.

My Guess, Looks like this functionality has a limit of 2 hours only o use since I started to use the credits.  

Please help, I really would like to use Zapier, but need to understand how useful and if will work smoothly in the day by day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends @davidlid and @Alex Kruk,

Before we dive deeper, my hunch here is that the file that is mapped in the “File”/”Photo” field has already expired. Have you tried publishing the Zap, and trigger the Zap while it’s publish and see if it’ll return the same error in the Zap History?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi Ken,

Yes, I made this when I changed from “WP Image Upload” to “Google Drive Image Upload”.

Important note: This error happens only when the ZAP is published, during the Test in Draft the error doesn't happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @davidlid and @Alex Kruk! 👋

That error definitely seems to be caused by the Zap trying to access the image after it had expired. It is odd though that the expiry window is 2 hours given that the OpenAI documentation states that the URL will expire after 1 hour: “Each image can be returned as either a URL or Base64 data, using the response_format parameter. URLs will expire after an hour.

@davidlid -  can you try testing step 4 of your Zap again to generate a new image URL. Then test step 6 again to see if that then goes through to Instagram without error? 

@Alex Kruk - you mentioned that this error is only occurring when the Zap is published, not during testing. Are you using any Delay by Zapier actions in the Zap, or was the Zap halted and then later replayed perhaps? Just wondering if that might account for why the image links are expiring before the Upload File action was run. Do you think that could be the case?

Looking forward to hearing from you both on this!

Userlevel 1

I had a same problem with doing the automation using a photo from Dalle and it returning that the “signature time frame expired’ 

it Has to do with the image expiring as @SamB mentioned. 

Originally, when i built my zap, i was testing an old prompt result which expired from Microsoft Azure server but when testing with a fresh record, it works with no problem. 

I hope this helps in the step that says “Failed to create a media in Instagram for Business,"Signature not valid in the specified time frame"

Might not solve other errors you might encounter in the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for sharing this, @jaythejarrah - it’s much appreciated! 

I’m sure your insights here will be helpful to others coming across this thread when running into similar issues in future. Thanks again! 🤗