Best answer

Failed to create a matter in Clio The app returned "NotFoundError"

• 2 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Hey all!

Trying to create a zap to integrate with Clio in order to make a custom field update automatically when a task is marked complete and I am getting an error:

Failed to create a matter in Clio

The app returned "NotFoundError"

I am trying to mimic the process seen here: 

The error occurs on that 4th step of the zap.

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 October 2023, 20:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zeastFrim 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Thanks for the quick response. Here is what I have. If there is an easier way to screenshot it so it is easier to understand, let me know. Thanks again for your quick response!

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zeastFrim 

You can save a Zap step and a Task by only using 1 Filter step with multiple conditions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zeastFrim 

Which field are you trying to update in Step 4?

The Matter field may expect a different value.

Check the dropdown list of options.

Each option has 2 value. (top/bottom)

The Matter field expects the bottom values.

@Troy Tessalone Hi Troy, I am also trying to replicate this workflow. The purpose of this zap is to update a Custom Field (matter stage) once a task in Clio is marked complete. The issue I’m also having with Step 4 is that the Zap is asking to specify a matter in Clio but I want (and I think this is what @zeastFrim is experiencing) is for this to apply to any matter with this task. How can this be accomplished? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ECL Marketing 

Probably best to post your own topic with info and screenshots so it gets proper attention, thanks.

Sorry for taking so long to reply @Troy Tessalone 

The other user on the thread is correct. I want a custom field(Case Stage) to be updated on the matter.

It should update the matter that corresponds to the task that was marked complete, if that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zeastFrim 

If the custom field is not available to update as part of the Zap action for Clio Update Matter, then you may have to explore using the Clio API: https://docs.developers.clio.com/api-reference/