Best answer

Failed to create a lead event in Facebook Conversions

• 21 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to set a ZAP to send lead data coming from ActiveCampaign to Facebook. 

I did with “Send Offline Event in Facebook Offline Conversions” action and it is working. But this is sending data to offline conversions which is not useful to active campaign optimization. But it shows that the trigger and data from ActiveCampaign works smoothly. 

I also wanted to add a second action with ”Facebook Conversions” action. It returned this error:

Failed to create a lead event in Facebook Conversions

Please verify if you have enabled Zapier partner integration on Events Manager as described at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/571704773472628. Unsupported post request. Object with ID 'my meta pixel ID here' does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permissions, or does not support this operation. Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api

I tested the connection, passed. I also reconnected, no issues. I checked the URLs mentioned in the error message but couldn’t find a solution there. 

Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 August 2023, 17:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @selimimre! 🙂

Hmm, that error mentions “Please verify if you have enabled Zapier partner integration on Events Manager as described at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/571704773472628which may indicate that there’s a permissions issue preventing the Zap from creating the lead event.

I found a note internally that mentioned trying the following steps to ensure that the Zap has permission to create a lead event on your behalf:

Not sure if the above steps are what you’ve already tried? If not can you give them a try and test the Facebook Conversions action in the Zap again? 

Keen to help get this sorted so please do let us know how that goes!

Userlevel 1

Hello @SamB thanks for the warm welcome and your reply. Your suggestion worked! I also tested and all looks ok. Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So sorry for the delay in responding here, @selimimre! That’s fantastic news! I’m so pleased that did the trick. 

It seems like you’re all sorted for now, but if you run into any further troubles with your Zaps do let us know - the Community is always here and happy to assist! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m trying to do the same thing, but Zapier is not an option in my drop down list. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jfoodies! 👋

Hmm from that screenshot it looks as though that search box is be looking for a CRM rather than a partner.

Facebook has since updated it’s layout and menu options by the looks of things. Can you take a look in the events manager under the Partner Integrations section to see if you can find and add Zapier that way?

Should look some thing like like this:
1ed058982a24910f64154b09e685a5a1.png

Keen to help get to the bottom of this so I’ll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Userlevel 1

Amazing, thank you. I think that worked. My test was successful, now I just need to do some research to find out where this test data landed at Facebook :)  Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! 🎉 Thanks for giving that a try @jfoodies. I’m so glad that appears to have sorted it. Do let us know if you need help with anything else at all! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Amazing. Based on my last screenshot, do you know where I can find the Conversions at Facebook? Or do I need to create some sort of Facebook Conversion that will then capture this Zap. Not sure if the test Zap is already at Facebook, or if I need to create something at Facebook that will capture/hold it? Thanks again and again!