Question

Failed to create a get entity profile in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM: Error executing custom action.

• 19 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi ,

I was trying to update new subscription details from stripe to the D365 CRM feilds. I have only options to update contacts action. When I create custom action to update subscription status, subscription date, Subscription expiry date, Subscription cancel date it seems like come up with error.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @manuvince, welcome to the Community! 👋

I’m not super familiar with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM API but I can’t see anywhere in the screenshots that you’re supplying the ID for the entity you want to update. Usually when running a request to update an existing item in an app an ID will need to be supplied. 

Can you try adding another Input Field for storing the Entity ID for the subscription that needs to be updated? That should help to ensure the Update Entity Instance in the Store  custom action is able to update the correct subscription.

For the error, it looks as though that’s coming through on the Get Entity Profile custom action, not the Update Entity Instance in the Store custom action. Can you send some screenshots showing the set up of that other custom action as well as the settings and fields selected in the Action section of the Get Entity Profile custom action? That will help us to better to see whether there’s any issues with it’s current set up that might be causing that error. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!