Skip to main content
Question

Failed to create a deal in HubSpot: Property values were not valid.

• 31 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve set up a rather  simple Zap .Each time an estimate is created in Zoho Books  , it triggers and creates a Deal in Hubspot.

Primarilty for the directors to keep an eye on the pipe line.

This is successful apart from when I want to add the person who created the estimate to be the person assinged the deal in hubspot.

We have the same users in Zoho Books and Hubspot. The Zap has 2 options  a static list of users from Zoho Books ( no good because more than 1 person creates estimates). The second option is in the ‘custom’ section where I can select ‘Sales Person’

Selecting Sales person is preferable as that is the variable I want to add to the Hubspot deal.

Selecting this throws an error ..

I have changed both users in Zoho books and hubspot to be 1 word with no whitespace.

Now it also seems to be referencing an integer but fail to see any integers as account numbers ( of which they would be different for each application anyway so wouldnt work)

Could do with a couple of pointers as new to this 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @o0timbo0o 

For us to have more context about the error, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Try this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Trim Whitespace

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @o0timbo0o 👋 

Just came across your post here and wanted to check how things are going? Were you able to solve the error using that Formatter action Troy suggested to remove the whitespace from the value that’s passed to the Deal Information: Deal Owner field?

If not, am I correct in thinking that the sales person’s name from the Zoho Books action was selected in the Deal Owner field? If so, then you might need to try using a Find Contact (HubSpot) action to search for the sales person in HubSpot using the name that’s output by Zoho Books. That should find the sales person and give you their ID which you can then select in the Deal Owner field instead.

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please do let us know if you need any help or have any further questions at all!