Question

Failed to create a database item in Notion: Book Type is expected to be rich_text.

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to set up a connection between Google Sheets and Notion. Zapier successfully reads both the Sheet and Notion database. I have mapped all Google Sheets columns with Notion database properties, but when I test the Zap I get the following error message:

Failed to create a database item in Notion

Book Type is expected to be rich_text.

“Book Type” is the name of one of the Notion database properties (set up as a text property) and should be receiving data from the Sheets column named “What Type of Book Is This” which contains text. Given that both sets of data are in text format I am not sure what to do to fix this. Any advice, please?

Thanks.  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Simon Says 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context, thanks.

Help article about Notion Rich Text field types: https://developers.notion.com/reference/rich-text

Here’s the screenshot of how the mapping was set up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Simon Says,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Thanks for the screenshot, but it’s not quite we’re looking for. Could kindly share another screenshot that includes the "Action" section along with all its fields in your Notion step where the error is occurring? To give you an idea, here's an example screenshot of what we're hoping to see:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊