Question

Failed to create a custom action in Marketo: Domain did not match expected domain filter(s) `*.mktorest.com`.

• 4 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I am trying to use a custom action step to retrieve Marketo Lead Details. This will then lead to adding a row in an excel sheet. I used AI Custom Actions feature to get the custom action step set up. When testing the step, I get the error below:

Failed to create a custom actions in Marketo

Domain did not match expected domain filter(s) `*.mktorest.com`.

How can I fix this issue and get the test to work? I have set up the zap so the trigger from airtable works, and then I set a find lead in Marketo step. That also is working. Then the custom action is receiving an error. 

I think once I figure this out, it should be simple to set the rest up for adding a new row into excel. I just want to make sure that pulling in Marketo lead details is possible in Zapier. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mktgbt1 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured to give us true context?

The available Zap app actions for using the app API are configured to expect a certain domain.

Other options for using app APIs in Zaps:

Hey Troy,

Thanks for responding. This is how the Zap is set up and what the custom action looks like. I got it the test record to “work” but it is not pulling in Marketo lead details. It says that the Response Data Success field is false but still marks the test as a “success”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mktgbt1 

Can you post a screenshot of the test results from Step 3?

Here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mktgbt1 

There was an error in Step 3.

Even though the Zap step tested “successfully” (meaning it returned a response), the response contained an error.

Is the issues related to the custom action itself? Or the record selected? 

I tried changing the request method to POST and it still did not work 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mktgbt1 

You may be missing double {{ and }} around the {userid} in the URL as indicated by the example in the blue section above.