Question

Failed to create a create notebook in Evernote: Change denied due to data model conflict.

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I created a standard zap that is supposed to create a new Evernote notebook every time a Google Drive folder is created.  Everything works except I get the following error message.

In the last step of the zap where I’m supposed to define which stack to create the Evernote notebook in, it gives me Google Drive settings, where I think I’m supposed to get Evernote settings?  Either way, if I leave that blank or enter something in there, I get the following message.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kamdad,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I apologize for the troubles with the Zap.

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like this error is happening because a folder with the same name already existed in Evernote. Could you please try changing or deleting the existing folder then retry the Zap.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Thank you, I did try but something is off with the connector.  So in the Google Drive setup, I specified that I want to select the specific folder to be checked for new folders.

However, in the action in the Evernote connector, I cannot select a dynamic title for the notebook.  As you can see from the screenshot, it only presents me with a static title and that title is not in the subfolder I selected in the screen above - it’s a name of the folder that’s on the same level as the folder I specified in Google Drive settings.

Finally, in the Stack field, I do not even get any choice from Evernote - all choices are from Google Drive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @kamdad,

Thanks for giving that a try!

Regarding your question about:

However, in the action in the Evernote connector, I cannot select a dynamic title for the notebook.  As you can see from the screenshot, it only presents me with a static title and that title is not in the subfolder I selected in the screen above - it’s a name of the folder that’s on the same level as the folder I specified in Google Drive settings.

The data you’re seeing from the Google Drive steps are actually dynamic data and not static data. More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Considering this, I'm wondering if you've had a chance to load in a new sample data to see if it returns the correct subfolder title. It might be worth giving it a try and see if the updated data brings the desired results.

cfe49b409ac6d144db3fd77b6360fcc2.png
(view larger)

Regarding your question about: 

Finally, in the Stack field, I do not even get any choice from Evernote - all choices are from Google Drive.

It seems that the Stack data is not available in the trigger step. In that case, my suggestion would be to skip that field altogether and not map anything in the "Stack" field.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊