Best answer

Failed to create a create invoice in QuickBooks Online: Invalid number: Sound in motion, QuickBooks field: CustomerRef.value

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to create a zap to generate a QBO invoice upon creative of a new sales order in Zoho Inventory. My trigger in Zoho is setup, then I have an action to find customer in QBO that seems to be functioning, then I have my create invoice action which produces this error:

“Invalid Number: Invalid Number : Sound In Motion, Quickbooks Field: CustomerRef.value”

Regardless of if I select the customer name from the Zoho connection, or the display name from the find customer action in QBO. 

What’s the issue? Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 March 2023, 21:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kristinh 

Good question.

Please post screenshots of the encountered error along with detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kristinh 

The Customer field expects the internal QBO Customer ID from step 2.

The 123 next to the Product/Service field label indicates the field expects the internal QBO ID of the Product/Service instead of the Name.

Similar to how you did a QBO Find Customer step, you’d need to do the same for the Product/Service to get the internal QBO IDs.

There is a help article that explains a common problem with QBO is that it looks for a display name, which is misleading, at least in this case. I have this setup per your instructions now and will test later on to see if its functioning. Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @kristinh 

Just doing a follow up on this.

Have you already tried the set up recommended by Troy and see if it works?

Let me know if you have other questions! 😊

Yes, this worked but led to another issue which Zapier doesn’t have a solution for at this time.