Question

Failed to create a create customer in QuickBooks Online: Required field "Full Name" is missing.

• 21 February 2023
  • 14 replies

its asking for name but how can we give the name as it will be different every time for new reservation 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @OMER, welcome to the Community! 👋 

Does the Hostaway trigger provide the name for the guest? If so, you could try select that information to use in as the Full Name in that Create Customer action. That way the Zap would use whatever guest name is on the reservation.

Can you take a look through the available fields from the Hostaway trigger to see if the guest name is provided? It might be that it comes through as separate first and last name fields so you’d want to select both of those for the Full Name field.

Please keep us updated on how you get on with this!

Now its giving this error please check and if you have done it before please share all the steps.Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @OMER - can you take another print screen of showing the Set Up Action step above? I’m not positive, but the way I would read that error message is the name is too long to be accepted by quickbooks at 27 characters, perhaps if we look at the Set Up Action together we can figure out what may be throwing that error. 

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Rachael 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OMER 

Good question.

From the error message it indicates the supplied Title length is 27, but the MAX is 16.

Hey @Rachael S @Troy Tessalone here is the screen shot of the setup can you please check and assist as i need this to be done asap. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OMER 

The Title field, as mentioned in the error, is too long.

@Troy Tessalone Now its saying duplicate name error 

@Troy Tessalone @Rachael S Full name is must required so what should i put here? as it has to create new customers everytime when a new booking comes

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OMER 

Try using this QBO Zap action step instead:

Hey @Troy Tessalone @Rachael S Its running without any error but nothing we received on QuickBooks sheet although its saying info has been sent to Quickbooks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OMER 

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you understand and troubleshoot.

If you configured the Find/Create Customer step in the Zap and an existing Customer is found, then NO new Customer will be created, as expected.

@Troy Tessalone Sheet is empty . It has no data in it just want to clear the point. And if the customer is already there with this name then there should be at least 1 entry but Unfortunately there’s nothing at the moment

@Troy Tessalone But zap sending me error messages on mail that duplicate name already exists.  Same thing what you’re saying.  Can you please give me 5 mins of your time I request you to check it with me on zoom or google meet. That will be very kind of you as I'm stuck since weeks and I badly need that done.  Will be waiting for your response on that. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OMER 

If you’re looking to hire a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts