Question

Failed to create a create_customer in GatherUp: The app returned "Invalid customer phone number"

• 22 November 2023
  • 5 replies

We’ve been trying to connect ServiceTitan to GatherUp so that when we complete a job for a customer in ServiceTitan they will be created as a customer in our GatherUp. It looks like the ServiceTitan trigger is set up correctly since the test went through, but at the GatherUp end I keep getting an error “Failed to create a create_customer in GatherUp.” Can’t figure out how to get the Zap to function all the way through. Any help would be appreciated

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @prideservices 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have enough context.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

This is the flow start to finish. We want customers from ServiceTitan loaded into GatherUp that have completed jobs with an invoice of more than $100. So I started with a trigger of a new invoice greater than $100, only continue if the balance is less than 1 cent meaning that the job has been done and paid for. Then find the costumer contact in ServiceTitan and send it to GatherUp to create a customer there. I hit my first issue on the last test and can’t figure out what to fix to get it through

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@prideservices 

FYI: You can use 1 Code step instead of multiple Formatter steps.

You have 2 dynamic variables mapped for each of these fields, which needs to be corrected.

Remove the variables from Step 1.

The output from Step 6 includes a leading/trailing comma, which needs to be removed.

The output from Step 7 includes 2 phone numbers, which needs to be addressed.

This is our first Zap so we’re having some trouble. I’m not sure how to get all those Formatter steps into 1 Code. 

Are the variables in Step 1 not necessary to reach our criteria? We only want the customer info going to GatherUp is they have a competed job of more than $100. 

Comma has been removed on the email address. But I haven’t been able to extract just one phone number. Tried to do a character limit to just 10 digits and it still gave me the same result. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@prideservices 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have true context.

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts