Question

Failed to create a contact in HubSpot Error from halted execution: Property values were not valid

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Im receiving data from another program and the second step is Hubspot. I’m using the Create or Update Contact in HubSpot.

When testing I get the error below. I tried using a Text Formatter and still received the same error. 

Failed to create a contact in HubSpot

Error from halted execution: Property values were not valid validationMessages: - email: Email address gjohnson@somemechanical.com,tsmith@somecompanyervices.com is invalid

• I substituted different email addresses but its pretty much that same format. 
  • Ive noticed others having similar problems with the Create or Update Contact in Hubspot step.
  • The emails are being passed correctly with no weird character or spaces.

I could really use some help on this one. Come to my rescue Zapier Community 😖

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @toddalanrose 

Looks like you are trying to post multiple email addresses into the email address field which likely only accepts 1 email address.

For us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

Thanks Troy,

Here are the steps outlined and configured: https://app.guidde.com/share/playbooks/aPcZUycc5RyV2dgSyfbnx6?origin=xHTawcBQNHY2p2of3NxrNuIJoyz2

Would you recommend a multi-step Zap to feed one email at a time between the steps to resolve the error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@toddalanrose

We would need to see screenshots with how the Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode to have context about the field types and field descriptions.

Can’t see the field name, but the field may only accept 1 email address.