Question

Failed to create a contact in HubSpot due to Salutation field

• 29 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I am using the Create or Update Contact in HubSpot when a record is modified in AirTable.

That Update Contact trigger is working, but the new record is not. It is producing the following error

Failed to create a contact in HubSpot

Property values were not valid validationMessages: - salutation: No was not one of the allowed options: [label: "Yes" value: "true" display_order: 0 hidden: false read_only: false , label: "No" value: "false" display_order: 1 hidden: false read_only: false ]

There is NO Salutation field in either AirTable or HubSpot so I don’t understand why it is producing this error or how to address this.

Any suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

👋🏽 Hi @beezer - thanks for stopping by community!

Hmm, sometimes HubSpot returns the message if one of the fields in your action step template corresponds to a checkbox in Hubspot or Hubspot CRM, and you've specified something for that field that is not a "true" or "false" string—for example, a "yes", "no", "True", "False", etc.

But if you don’t have a salutation field at all, we’ll need to look closer. Can you share some screenshots of your set up with us (sans any personal info)? 

Hi Liz, thanks for your help!
Let me know if these are the screen shots you are requesting.
Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @beezer, is it possible that the Nutrition or Child field may be the fields in question? I noticed both fields appear to have a yes or no requirement when answering, which may be the root of the problem if it shows as True or False within Hubspot. 

Hi Chanelle - I must have renamed the HubSpot field to Child, and you’re right, it does show up as true or false in HubSpot. Am I not able to use this? Or do I have to change the AirTable fields to True or False?

Thanks so much for your help!

I have decided to remove the field. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @beezer,

Awesome! We’re glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We are always happy to help! 🤗