Skip to main content
Question

Failed to create a candidate in Recruitee: The app returned "Forbidden"

• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm building a zap from Meet Alfred to Recruitee, where I need to create a candidate in recruitee.

Recruitee is connected and tested succesfully, but when I try to create a candidate I get the error ‘forbidden’. See screenshot. Does anyone know how to solve this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @HJAS94! 🎉

As that error is saying “Forbidden” that makes me suspect that there might be an issue with the permissions for the account. Can you take a look in Recruitee and confirm the user account that the Zap is connecting to Recruitee with have permissions to create/edit candidates?

If it doesn’t then can you increase it’s permissions and then reconnect the account? Reconnecting the account after making changes to the permissions will ensure that the Zap is connecting to Recruitee with the updated permissions and hopefully allow it to create the candidate.

If permissions aren’t the issue here then perhaps there’s a field on the Create Candidate action that doesn’t have the value Recruitee is expecting. To check that can you please share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Create Candidate action? I’d like to take a closer look to see if there’s anything on the setup there which might be causing the issue here.

Looking forward to hearing from you!