Question

Failed to contact in HubSpot: Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search

• 29 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Trying to create a Zap that will change the Hubspot Deal Stage when an outgoing email is sent in Gmail with certain parameters. To do this, I also need to use Find Contact and then Find Assocations to find the contact in Hubspot using the “to” email address and then find the association between the contact and the deal. I’ve tried numerous ways to get the “Find Contact” action in Zapier to work, but to no avail. I’ve even used the Text Formatter as a step before “Find Contact” in case the specific formatting is an issue, but I keep getting “Failed to find a contact in Hubspot”. What can I do to make this Zap work? I’ve seen templates on Zapier’s website showing a similar Zap to the one I am trying to create so I really don’t understand why it’s not working. Any help is much appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @CFFC! Thanks for reaching out in community - we definitely want to help.

It looks like your screenshots didn’t load, are you able to try them again? 🙂Specifically I think the HubSpot search setup would be super helpful. 

It’s worth mentioning the search function won’t search beyond the primary email address field in HubSpot. If the email you’re searching for is in any other field there’s this workaround shared in our community:

and this workaround that was shared on the HubSpot community.

Keep us posted!