Question

Facing Error Connection Aborted , giaerror(-11) while uploading csv to dropbox

• 11 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to upload a csv file to my dropbox.  I have used the same account and same folder to upload files in all other zaps. But for this one zap, i have been facing error that says 

Failed to create a file in Dropbox

('Connection aborted.', gaierror(-11))

The file is public and when i enter the url in browser, it gets downloaded easily like this :: 

https://www.acmecorp.com/spec/acme_live_inventory_2021_12_26.csv

If i replace this url with any other csv files , it works. But this one fails .

I don’t know how to resolve this issue as i have no idea what is the root of this issue??

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AaronLFO!

My first thought is that the csv might be too big - how big is it? Are you able to try uploading another file (ie a small one) using a similar url? That could point you in the right direction. I do know that files around 25MB start to push the limits of what can be upload to Dropbox with Zapier. 

Hi @Danvers , thanks for commenting on the query. I checked my file size and its around 130 KB. Can’t it be uploaded to dropbox via Zapier??? KB is really small size, isn’t it ???

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AaronLFO

🤦🏻 I’m sorry I made a typo in my reply - it’s 25 MB, not KB. I’ve edited my answer to reflect that. 

The only other thing I can suggest is reconnecting your dropbox account with Zapier in case there’s something wrong with the permissions. If that doesn’t help, then please get in touch with the Support team using the Get Help form. They can take a closer look at your Zap and the error logs with you. 

Thanks!