Best answer

Facebooks Create Page does not post photo

• 8 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I just added a new Zap which checks a RSS status and then will add a new post to facebook. The issue is that I am not able to let facebook find the photo on the post. My ZAP looks like this:

And the Link contains a photo in the post itself and also has an entry picture. Nevertheless, facebook always adds the Logo of the Homepage to the page - any ideas why this happens? I also installed a OG Plugin but this didn’t change the behavior. 

Thanks in advance

Stefan

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 August 2022, 17:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Stefan! Thanks for reaching out!

Hmm, if I’m not mistaken posting photos with this particular action in Facebook Pages can be tricky. Here’s a similar topic that might be helpful:

There’s also a great troubleshooting guide here:

I hope some of this helps! Keep us posted on your success. 🙂

Userlevel 1

@Stephan Volleyball → assuming @christina.d wanted to mention you here.

She wanted to, but nevetheless I got a mail that she answered. Thanks anyway :)

@christina.d Thanks for your reply and I already found both pages but both didn’t bring the resultion. As mentioned I installed OG plugin in order to improve the facebook compatibility, but it didn’t help. Also I do not want to post a photo, but I want to post a page with a photo. that already worked with joomla but does not work with wordpress - any further ideas?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Stephan Volleyball!

Thanks for coming back to us with some additional info. It sounds like you’ve tried the best option (using Open Graph tags) but Facebook is still pulling in a different image. Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over the photo that Facebook pulls in. I know that you said that you didn’t want to add a photo post, but if you want to guarantee a specific image in a post you would need to use the Create Page Photo action. 

You may have already read this in the Facebook pages help guide, but just in case, here are the factors that affect which image Facebook will use in a page post:

1. Facebook will first look at the link for Facebook’s OG (Open Graph) tags
  2. If #1 fails, it will scrape the page for another better link. Facebook will favor bigger images with a rectangle ratio.

Images that Facebook prefers:

• For high-res displays, use images that are at least: 1200 x 630
  • The minimum recommended image size is 600 x 315
  • Images smaller than 600 x 315 will be displayed, but thumbnail will be smaller
  • The absolute minimum image size is 200 x 200
  • Images under 200 x 200 will not be displayed and are logged as errors in the debugger.

I hope that helps and I’m sorry that there isn’t a way to set the image that you want for this type of post.