Question

Facebook messenger: Auto follow up rule after not receiving reply to first auto reply

• 29 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an auto reply set up so that new contacts to mymessenger feed are welcomed and asked a question. 

I want to set up a function to follow up with each customer IF they DO NOT reply within a certain time period. 

I have tried and failed to achieve this. Please help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

What you can do is, create a delay, after delay do a lookup if any message received or not, then, if not, send message.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

What you can do is, create a delay, after delay do a lookup if any message received or not, then, if not, send message.

Hi thanks for your reply. 

I am very new to Zapier and havent finished the Zapier university yet. I cannot work out how to do what you have described as can find these functions… Could you break it down into steps for me? 
I have detailed my steps so far in image.

I want to send another message if I receive no reply to my automated message (step 4)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I think you need to use some other messaging software like ManyChat for automating what you want. ManyChat have the facility to automate your messages. And if ManyChat does not satisfy you, you can combine Zapier with it to make it more powerful.

I hope it helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @sahm thanks for coming in to the Community with your question! We often get folks who are new to Zapier, and can appreciate the learning curve that can be daunting. 

You can keep adding additional steps after step four, if you'd like to add a second delay. You may also consider checking out Paths if you are considering a Zapier professional plan: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917-Add-branching-logic-to-Zaps-with-paths

You could also set up a second Zap that runs similarly to the one you already built, to add additional workflows to your system! Either way, let us know and we’re happy to keep troubleshooting with you. 

Best,

Rachael