Question

Facebook Leads error: "Missing Advertiser Tracking Enabled Flag"

• 2 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

I’m trying to pass back hubspot lead information ( lifecycle changes, etc ) back into facebook through zapier when we are using Facebook Lead Forms.  

I believe I had the correct set up but just recently started receiving this error:

“Missing Advertiser Tracking Enabled Flag: The parameter 'advertiser_tracking_enabled' is required for the event with the action source 'app' (each set to either 0 or 1). Apps should expose an opportunity for users to opt-out of ad tracking, resulting in the setting of the 'advertiser_tracking_enabled' parameter.”

App is selected being we are using Facebook Lead Forms which is in-app (Facebook).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed here / best Facebook Lead Ads set up recommendation?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kyleC 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Set up to send back leads into FB ads - Facebook Lead Forms > 

Step 1: New contact in hubspot

Event: New Contact

Step 2: Send Lead Event in Facebook Conversions

Screenshots above

This zap seemed to be working totally fine until a few days ago with this update.

““Missing Advertiser Tracking Enabled Flag: The parameter 'advertiser_tracking_enabled' is required for the event with the action source 'app' (each set to either 0 or 1). Apps should expose an opportunity for users to opt-out of ad tracking, resulting in the setting of the 'advertiser_tracking_enabled' parameter.””

I don’t see a section to add this parameter unless custom.. tried a few variations and still failed the test.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kyleC 

You may want to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Possible related topic: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/app-events/guides/advertising-tracking-enabled/

Have your reviewed these links? (screenshots)