Best answer

Facebook Lead Ads error: Unable to get page token. (#10)' error when connecting as a Business Admin

Userlevel 1

Ok, trying to get leads from Facebook Lead Ads as a e-mail in the mailbox. 
As we're managing a number of Pages we are using the New Lead in Facebook Lead Ads (for Business admins Trigger.
When connecting, we have set the correct page and ad account. 
In Dutch, sorry.

When connecting, FB says everything is OK.

But then… oh oh, something went wrong.
Some permission has to be given. 
No clue what, how or where to set this.

Unable to get page token. (#10) This endpoint requires the 'pages_read_engagement' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature or the 'Page Public Metadata Access' feature. 

Anyone experienced this before and found a solution?

Stan

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 August 2023, 08:48

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @click2client,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive further, could you please confirm if these permission settings are correct in your Facebook settings:

Do I need special account permissions in Facebook Lead Ads (for Business Admins)?

• The page that you’re connecting to must be part of a Business Manager account.
  • You must be an admin or manager of the Facebook Business Manager account you’re connecting. If you're not an admin or manager, you can use a different version of the Facebook Lead Ads app.
  • You need Admin or Manager permissions for the page and ad account you are trying to connect.

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496123584781-How-to-get-started-with-Facebook-Lead-Ads-for-Business-Admins-on-Zapier#about-facebook-lead-ads-for-business-admins-s-integration-0-0

Please keep us posted!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Yes. page is part op Business Manager

Yes, I think all the permissions are in place.

Stan

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @click2client,

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried using Facebook Lead Ads the non business admin app instead?

7896d650fb9be321b6f83fba92982411.png
(view larger)

If not, could you please try using that and ensure that you follow the permission settings on this Community post here: 

Please let me know how it goes! 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

That helped!

Got the zaps up and running, testing them out right now.
Strange thing is, tried this app (non-business admin) previously. But could only choose one FB page, of our own company. No other page we have access to. It appears somehow this has changed for the better, and am able to select any of your pages.

So… problem solved!

Thanks,

Stan

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! I’m glad that worked @click2client!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

I am getting this same error, and went this route because the “Facebook Lead Ads the non business admin app” isn’t working for me.

Can we diagnose the error? I have FULL ACCESS and have tried everything so any advanced tips?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zackap,

Our Support Team replied to your ticket yesterday with the suggestion of:

I see that you've covered quite a bit of troubleshooting and screenshot-sharing with us, so I just want to start by thanking you for continuing to work with us. I understand it can be a bit of a nuisance to have to cover certain settings multiple times, but that's part of the tricky nature of Facebook Lead Ads where permissions can sometimes change or be revoked. I saw Jeanny mentioned it once or twice, but I would also echo her recommendation to check in with Facebook's Support Team as well if things continue to give connection issues, as they are going to have more direct visibility into the panels on their end and what might need to be adjusted. 

Now, with regards to the new connection you tried to establish with Facebook Lead Ads for Business, I found a note for this particular integration that specifies that you need to verify your business with Meta for that to be a useable trigger. You can follow this link to do so: 

Verify your business with Meta

Can you please ensure that's been done, send a screenshot of the verification as proof to have in our case notes here, then try establishing the connection one more time?

I'll be on the lookout for your reply with any updates. 

Our Support Team is eager to help to resolve this issue for you. I’d recommend continuing the conversation with our Support Team via email.

Thank you.

Thanks but my account isn’t eligible to be verified and is not needed

“Your organization does not need to be verified. To learn more about business verification eligibility, visit the help center.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @zackap! I just responded to you in a related thread but after seeing your replies here I did some checking on your related support ticket. It appears that you’ve been going through a number of troubleshooting steps with our Support team but were unable to get this resolved and needed to contact Facebook Support to get more details on the reason behind the errors you were seeing.

Keen to help get to the bottom of this so please do keep us updated on how you get on with them! 🙂

Hi,

That helped!

Got the zaps up and running, testing them out right now.
Strange thing is, tried this app (non-business admin) previously. But could only choose one FB page, of our own company. No other page we have access to. It appears somehow this has changed for the better, and am able to select any of your pages.

So… problem solved!

Thanks,

Stan

I still have this problem where “Facebook Lead Ads” only shows me the one FB page that I am a traditional admin of, none of the pages that I have access to via Business Manager. Any hints from anyone one how this could show more options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ModeDigital,

Have you tried using the Facebook Lead Ads (for Business Admin) app instead: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-lead-ads-beta/integrations

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

The (Business Admin) option gives this error message:

Zapier could not connect to your account.

Unable to get page token. (#10) This endpoint requires the 'pages_read_engagement' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature or the 'Page Public Metadata Access' feature. Refer to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/login-permissions#manage-pages, https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#reference-PAGES_ACCESS and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#page-public-metadata-access for details.

Struggling to trouble shoot all that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ModeDigital,

Could you please confirm if you have the correct permissions in Facebook? You can refer to our help article for the required permissions.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!