Best answer

Facebook error: The app returned, "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request."

• 4 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I am trying to connect Zapier to my FB Group and I keep getting the following error message. I do have the Zapier app installed/enabled in my group.

Error code: Error while retrieving: The app returned "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

Everything I search for says this is a problem with FB’s API. Is that true? Are there other ways to troubleshoot this?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 August 2023, 13:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @FlyGirl1980, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Ah, it appears you’re running into a bug that’s been asked about before in the Community here: 

I’ve added you to the bug report for the issue we’re tracking in that other Community post. This will allow us to contact you by email the minute it is resolved. I can’t make any promises as to when this will be resolved, but we’ll be sure to post any news or workarounds we come across in the main topic tracking this issue.

As we’ve already got a topic in Community that’s tracking affected users I’m going to close this one out. For anyone that comes across this post and wants to be notified when this issue is fixed, please reach out on the main topic and we’ll get you added to the list of affected users. 🙂