Question

Facebook error: The app returned "(#200) User does not have sufficient administrative permission for this action on this page.

• 27 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have built a zap for Facebook leads ads and google sheets. I have tested everything and it all works fine. when I go to publish Zap i receive an email saying the below...

The app returned "(#200) User does not have sufficient administrative permission for this action on this page. If the page business requires Two Factor Authentication, the user also needs to enable Two Factor Authentic...". (#200) User does not have sufficient administrative permission for this action on this page. If the page business requires Two Factor Authentication, the user also needs to enable Two Factor Authentication.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mitch-Smith, welcome to the Community! 🙂

Ah, that sort of “(#200) User does not have sufficient administrative permission for this action on this page...” error usually indicates that the connected Facebook account:

• Doesn’t have two-factor authentication enabled.
  • And/or doesn’t have full admin permissions for the page.

If two-factor authentication isn’t enabled on your Facebook account you can find out how to enable it here: How to turn on the two-factor authentication requirement in Meta Business Manager

If it’s a permissions issue, check out the following guides that cover the necessary permissions the connected account would need and how to assign them:

Hope that helps to get it working. Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do keep us in the loop on how it goes!

I am having the exact same issue, except I am using a native Zap connector between FB and MS Dynamics.

Just that I understand, won’t enabling 2FA actually block the submission from going through? This part of the process makes no sense to me. I understand it to be “For every lead that you need to send, you will need to supply a 2FA.” 

Or is this purely for the initial login to FB to initiate the process? And if so, is that not then cookie dependant?

Very confusing bit - needs more explanation and guidance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @wazza, thanks for reaching out here! 👋

Apologies for any confusion caused here. For business accounts where the two-factor authentication requirement has been enabled then any accounts linked to that business account would also need to have 2FA enabled, otherwise the connection would be blocked as it doesn’t meet that requirement, and a “User does not have sufficient administrative permission for this action on this page. If the page business requires Two Factor Authentication, the user also needs to enable Two Factor Authentication.” error would be shown. 

For cases where two-factor authentication isn’t required then it’s most likely down to an issue with the permissions that have been granted to the Facebook account that’s being connected. That said, if you do update the permissions for the account it would be worth reconnecting the account to ensure the Zap is able to see the updated set of permissions.

Hope that helps to clarify. Please do let us know if you have any further questions or continue to get these errors.