Skip to main content
Question

Extracting metadata from videos and logging with Zapier

• 14 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there! I'm trying to use Zapier to automate some of my video and photo editing workflows, but I'm getting a bit stuck. I could really use some advice from folks who have experience with this.

Basically, I run a small photography/videography business. After every shoot, I need to transfer the media files from my cameras, run them through editing software like Lightroom and Premiere, export the final edited photos/videos, and then upload them to my website's gallery.

It's a lot of repetitive steps, so I'm hoping to automate parts of this process using Zapier and its integrated apps. My main goal is to skip manually importing and exporting files between different programs.

For example, is there a way to automatically add new photos from my camera's memory card into a Wink Retouching tool folder using Zapier? Or send edited video files from Premiere directly to my website's media library?

I've tried setting up some basic zaps connecting apps like Dropbox, Google Drive, Lightroom, and WordPress. But I'm struggling to get the filters, folders, and file paths set up correctly. The zaps keep failing or grabbing the wrong files.

I'm definitely a Zapier newbie, so any tips on ideal zap setups, workflow approaches, or compatible apps for photo/video editing would be much appreciated! Let me know if you need any other details too. Thanks in advance for any help !

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community @Robert Lit! 😁

Wink and Adobe Premiere aren’t on Zapier at the moment but they’re on our internal wishlist of apps to have added to Zapier. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for them. I can’t make any promises around when/if they’ll definitely be added but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as they are! 

In the meantime, you might be able to connect to them via Zapier using the workarounds outlined in our Request to add a new app to Zapier guide here.

With the issues your having in setting up Zaps to create workflows between Dropbox, Google Drive, Lightroom, and WordPress can you share some screenshots showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of Zap’s action steps? And please share details of any errors you might be seeing. That’ll help us to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be causing things to not work as expected. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply!