Question

Existing projects in Basecamp 3 is not showing in the Zap editor.

• 15 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to test out a Zap using Basecamp 3, but I can’t get the projects to show up. I’ve looked at the help page, which didn’t help. I AM in the projects as an employee. The editor shows the account is connected, just not any projects. Anything else I can try?

Update: When I created a new project it showed up. Still nothing for existing projects.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @scampbllasn 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us context.

Show a screenshot with the Project field that you are having an issue with.

Userlevel 1

This is as far as I get. (I’ve deleted the test project, so nothing is showing up.)

I don’t think I’m going to be able to accomplish what I need to, anyway, though, because I got far enough with the test project to see that I can’t archive or delete to-dos.

Userlevel 1

I have encountered the same issue and would love any insight others can provide on this. I get to the same point in the screenshot provided above, but then cannot access any projects. I’ve tried searching for them by both name and ID number, and I am the creator of all the projects I need to access. I encountered a similar issue once before, but clicking the “load more” button eventually would result in the project appearing. In this instance, the load more button is greyed out/not available to click.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @scampbllasn and @gccentrepreneurship! 👋 Sorry to hear that you’re both running into some trouble with selecting projects on the New Activity trigger for Basecamp 3. 

Archive/delete to-do
@scampbllasn, as you mentioned, it’s not possible to archive or delete to-dos but I wonder if you could use an Update To-Do action to move it to a different list? Just thinking that perhaps you could move the to-do, to an archived list to remove it from the current to-do list. Not an ideal solution I know but thought it worth suggesting just in case it helps. 

Missing projects
I did some checking on this end and couldn’t see any other reports of this behaviour for the Basecamp 3 app. So it may be worth reaching out to our Support team to confirm whether or not it’s caused by a bug. If it is then they’ll be able to open up a bug report for this on your behalf.

In the meantime, are you able to manually select the relevant project by entering it’s ID number?

To do that you’d need to select the Custom tab and then enter the project’s ID directly into the Project field, like so:
5436efb459f7a159b09a416362adf43e.png

Can you both give that a try and confirm whether that allows you to select the project and continue to set up the rest of your Zap?

Userlevel 1

Well, today the projects are showing up! Maybe there was a delay for some reason?

I appreciate the suggestion about switching lists, that might provide a workaround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @scampbllasn! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now sorted out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗