Question

Eventbrite to Google Calendar Zap - incorrect time zone

• 17 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I created a Zap for Eventbrite events that I manage/create to be sent to my Google Calendar, but the events are showing up in my Google Calendar in the wrong time zone. I am in the LA time zone, and it’s showing up on my calendar 2 hours earlier; in the example below, the event is 1pm local time, and it is showing up on my calendar as 11am local time.

I have checked the details and settings of my Eventbrite events; those are all correct. All other events/appointments on my Google Calendar show up in the correct time zone. 

Why is this happening? And will people who sign up for my event also receive a calendar request for the wrong time?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ChristinaOrange 

If you need to adjust time zones, then try using this Zap action: Formatter > Date & Time > Format

This is the setting I have for time zone. Is this not correct? I can try the Formatter suggestion, but it seems that the event should already be showing up in standard Los Angeles time, no?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChristinaOrange 

I recommend using the Formatter.

The Time Zone settings are for when the Zap Runs, which is different from the data provided in the Zap step configure related to time zone.