Question

Errors creating a GPT with access to Notion

• 22 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hey, 

I want to setup a GPT that can add pages to my Notion.. I setup everything successfully, but get an error.. here in Zapier when I test the action: NoneType' object is not iterable

And in GPT: I encountered another issue while attempting to add the page to the "Siri" database in Notion. It appears the action could not be completed successfully.

As before, I recommend refreshing the list of available actions for your account to ensure all actions are up-to-date. If you'd like to try again or need assistance with something else, please let me know.

Instructions in GPT:

### Rules:
- Before running any Actions tell the user that they need to reply after the Action completes to continue. 

### Instructions for Zapier Custom Action: 
Step 1. Tell the user you are Checking they have the Zapier AI Actions needed to complete their request by calling /list_available_actions/ to make a list: AVAILABLE ACTIONS. Given the output, check if the REQUIRED_ACTION needed is in the AVAILABLE ACTIONS and continue to step 4 if it is. If not, continue to step 2.
Step 2. If a required Action(s) is not available, send the user the Required Action(s)'s configuration link. Tell them to let you know when they've enabled the Zapier AI Action.
Step 3. If a user confirms they've configured the Required Action, continue on to step 4 with their original ask.
Step 4. Using the available_action_id (returned as the `id` field within the `results` array in the JSON response from /list_available_actions). Fill in the strings needed for the run_action operation. Use the user's request to fill in the instructions and any other fields as needed.

REQUIRED_ACTIONS:
- Action: Notion: Create Database Item
(required_action_id): 01HFQGWJSHBYB7xxxxx

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MikeT, welcome to the Community! 👋

This is very odd, I’ve been trying to replicate that same error on my end but it’s running the test successfully:
f9b9f199d889b2f8cab07f1a244f0bb5.png

Was there definitely a database named Tasks in Notion at the time of testing that action? Just wondering if it had been renamed or if it had a slightly different name that could have meant that it wasn’t able to perform the action if it could find it. Do you think that could be the case here? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB 

Finally getting back to this… seems like there’s some other issue, I just tried starting from scratch, setting up the connection with Zapier again, added a new action to send a Gmail. But still getting an error. 

“Error talking to

We're still encountering the same error when attempting to send the email. This persistent issue suggests a deeper technical problem that might be beyond the scope of our current capabilities to resolve.

As an alternative, you might consider using your usual email service to send this message. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know.”

“I don't have access to detailed error logs or the capability to provide them. My interface only indicates the type of error, which in this case is a 'TypeError', but doesn't give further details about the cause or specifics of the issue.

For technical issues like this, it's usually best to troubleshoot with the direct assistance of the service provider, in this case, Zapier. They would have the necessary tools and access to investigate and resolve the issue effectively.” 

Really frustrating if I don’t know what the issue is.. what’s the best way to move forward? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 1

Error talking to

It seems there's an issue with the connection to Zapier's AI Actions, specifically an "invalid token" error. This could mean that the authentication token is not valid or has expired. To continue, please ensure that you are logged in to Zapier’s AI Actions and have the necessary permissions. Let me know once this is resolved, and we can proceed with sending your email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @MikeT.

I can see you’ve also opened up a new topic in Community for the new issue that you’re running into which I’ve just responded on. I think at this point your best bet will be to have these issues investigated by the Zapier AI support team. I can see you’ve already reached out to them so someone from their team will get back to you on as soon as possible.

Hopefully they can get it resolved soon. Please do let me know if there’s anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @SamB
Yes, I wasn’t sure if the support is active, as the contact form didn’t load after I sent it, and didn’t get a response back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No worries @MikeT! Your message definitely made it through to them. I do know that they’re experiencing high volumes of inquiries at the minute so that’s likely the reason behind the delay in responding. Sorry about that, I’m sure that they’ll get in touch with you soon. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Having same issue all over again

Userlevel 1

@MikeT @Alandom 

Did you figure this out? I tried creating in a different database and that worked but when I tried in a Database with more columns (and different types of columns), it didn’t work

@SamB  any update on this?

Userlevel 1

After trying a few more things. What worked for me was selecting the option “Do not include a value for this field” for the field “Include time with date fields”. Selecting any other option gives the “NoneType error”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, apologies for the delay in my reply here! 

Thanks so much for sharing the solution that worked for you @ankit237, it’s much appreciated! 🤗 

@MikeT - It doesn’t look like you’ve been able to get a solution from support yet, very sorry about that. Do you have any similar custom fields that might be causing issues?

If so, it might be worth setting them to Do not include a value for this field to see if that workaround @ankit237 found does the trick for you as well? And hopefully it will work for you too @Alandom! 🤞

Keen to know whether that sorts it so please keep us updated on how you get on!