Skip to main content

Has anybody run into the problem with their Help Scout zaps, which is it unable to extract the file and pass it to another app?

I have a zap which extract the WAV file from a voicemail conversation in Help Scout and does the transcription in OpenAI’s Whisper. It was working up until 6/10/24 when it all started to error out with a “Not Found” message.

Attached is a screenshot. I have tried to pull the WAV file from Help Scout into different apps (Google Drive, CloudConvert) in order to test that it is not an OpenAI issue. 

I have copy/paste the file URL from the Help Scout conversation into my browser and I was able to download the file.

I’ve already contacted Zapier support and have a ticket open with them, also contacted Help Scout support to let them know. 

Hi @brianrivera7225 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap ‘ACTION’ tab section is configured in EDIT mode.

I have copy/paste the file URL from the Help Scout conversation into my browser and I was able to download the file.

Try this in a new/different private browser to determine if the file is a publicly accessible direct download link, meaning the file starts to download immediately without the user needing to take action.

Here’s the action that I’m using which is pulling from Help Scout and listing it in the Google Drive step as the file to upload.

And when I test it, it comes out with “Not Found”

I’ve tried it with other apps, CloudConvert and OpenAI Whisper, so the file is unable to be passed onto the next step.

Here’s the action

Hi @brianrivera7225 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap ‘ACTION’ tab section is configured in EDIT mode.

Try this in a new/different private browser to determine if the file is a publicly accessible direct download link, meaning the file starts to download immediately without the user needing to take action.

Yes, I copy/paste the URL into a private browser and I was able to download the file immediately.

@brianrivera7225

Also, the link may not be a valid link.

The field label says “Attachments Links” (plural)

That seems to indicate the variable is an array of items. (notice the 2 commas at the start before the URL that means an array with at least 3 items, where the first 2 have no value)

You can use the Looping app to iterate thru each. (Create Loop from Line Items)

Within the loop, add a Filter step to check a URL exists.

Tried the looping app, here’s the setup to iterate through

Tested it out and successfully extracted the URL

Did another copy and paste of the URL from the Loop extracted, and was able to download with logging in.

Updated the action

Same result

@brianrivera7225 

Can you provide a link from Help Scout that you are trying to use, so we can check?

Reference the field description for guidance.

For the left side input, set: Link

Threads Embedded Attachments Links Web Href , , https://secure.helpscout.net/file/690317609/dbbfca6cdb949bfdeb7de5e1373f2a7322a6ea1d/vmail_7738070582_12Jun442pm.wav

Still same error

@brianrivera7225 

Try selecting the Drive and Folder fields again, then test.

Refreshed Drive and Folder and file name

Same result

@brianrivera7225 

I was able to replicate the issue.

Issue seems to be related to the file link itself.

Help Scout may prevent the file for being access by certain apps or via certain requests.

Try reaching out to Help Scout Support for possible guidance.

Thanks for verifying, I’ve already opened up a ticket with them.