Best answer

Error With Adding Respondents to Google Form to Google Contact Group

• 4 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve been trying to link a google form I’ve created to my google contacts so that every time someone fills out the form, they are added to a google contact group. All of the people who might fill out this form (to join a club) are already in my google contacts (I manually moved them from a directory so they are in my personal contacts so I own them). Here is a screenshot of my zap:

So the trigger works, the find contact by email step works, but when it comes to adding the contact to a group I created in google contacts, I get this error whenever I try to test that third step or even use the zap:

Here is a screenshot of the action part of that third step. I used the contact ID (in the form of “people/<person_id>” as required by zapier) of the contact found by the second step (searching for contact by email recorded in google form).

I’m not sure how to go about fixing this, I feel as though I’ve tried everything thank you to anyone in advance!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 4 September 2023, 11:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Bella ,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Looking at the screenshots, it looks like you’re on the right track here. That said, have you tried remapping the “Contact” field in your 3rd step with the “Original ID” data from the 2nd step instead? Here’s what the “Original ID” looks like:

bf3d2bfecc28899f5b7a74a853bf3198.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes.

That seemed to fix it, thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Bella! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗