Best answer

Error:: While requesting “dev_file” from Airtable, we ran into an error: the content property is unavailable!

• 10 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

We are getting a strange error message on a GMail step in Zapier.  Our client noticed that this seems to be affecting addresses on PST time I am not sure if there is any correlation but curious if anyone knows what this is and how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by anthonyatXRay 15 November 2022, 21:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @anthonyatXRay 

Good question.

Please upload a full screenshot as the provided screenshot is cutoff and doesn’t show the full message.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
“While requesting “dev_file” from Airtable we ran into an error: You passed {raw: true} in request() - the response.content property is not available! Try response.body.pipe() for streaming, response.buffer() for a buffer, or response.text() for string.”

Sorry about that.

Here is the screenshot and the text says ““While requesting “dev_file” from Airtable we ran into an error: You passed {raw: true} in request() - the response.content property is not available! Try response.body.pipe() for streaming, response.buffer() for a buffer, or response.text() for string.””

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@anthonyatXRay 

Might be worth opening a ticket with Zapier Support related to this: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @anthonyatXRay - looks like you took Troy’s advice and did reach out to my friends in Support, just pasting part of their advice below in case anyone else runs into a similar issue! 

Instead of attempting to use the file itself in the Zap step, can you try using the file's public URL.

Let us know if this works for you, and if you have any other questions! 

-Rachael

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I did, we are still waiting to see if this is successful

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Awesome @anthonyatXRay!  Feel free to reach back out to our support team should you continue to run into the same or new issues with this and we can for sure help you get it sorted =)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A quick follow-up to the issue is that this is a result of Airtable changing the way it handles Attachments and Attachment Links.  As of November 9th they make their links to attachments EXPIRE after 2 hours.  The zaps we were having trouble with have delay steps in between the retrieval of the record and the sending of the GMail with the attachment.  This meant that we were trying to send an expired link and Zapier or GMail could not download it.

Airtable Expiring Attachments

The solution I found was to basically just repull the record with the attachment after our Delay steps and map that in the attachment field.  The attachment is downloaded by GMail and will not expire.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wow, this is super helpful context to know. Thanks for sharing it and your workaround with the community, @anthonyatXRay

Absolutely certain this is going to come in handy for others. 🔥