Best answer

Error while invoking: Error during execution: Cannot read property 'username' of undefined

Hey is there a solution for this? Error while invoking: Error during execution: Cannot read property 'username' of undefined

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 April 2022, 19:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GBA 

Please clarify what app you are using in the Zap that is returning the error and provide screenshots for us to have proper context, thanks.

Using Wix for the trigger and Discord for the role assignment

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GBA 

Please clarify which app is returning the error message by providing detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

At this stage it is asking me to do a test Zap and won’t let me go any further. I understand it would need the username of the discord member in order to assign the role which I have created a field on Wix for users to input their discord usernames but as I can’t go any further I’m unsure if it will allow the option to read specefic fields from the Wix platform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GBA 

Please provide screenshots with the error and how your Zap steps are configured so we can have context, thanks.

The automation is setup so someone purchases a V.I.P plan the zap will assign them the V.I.P role in discord. The Zapier will need to read the custom field (discord username) on Wix to find the correct user in Discord to assign the role

Do you know if Zapier will be able to read my contact fields on Wix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GBA 

The provided screenshot does not show enough detail with how your Zap steps are configured with how the fields are set in each step.

Hey Troy, you shouldn’t need a screenshot to know if the Zap integration would be able to read the Wix custom contact fields or not? The method I have explained should be enough for a yes or no answer - I don’t mean to come across rude :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GBA 

Have you tested your Wix Automation Rules and tested your Zap trigger to view the returned data points?

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Alternative is to use a Webhook from Wix: https://support.wix.com/en/article/wix-automations-connecting-with-a-webhook

Zap trigger would be Webhooks - Catch Hook.

Ok awesome, I think I may have to use a webhook to send the information through for the trigger but will have a read through the links you have shared. Thank you very much Troy :)