Skip to main content
Best answer

Error while hydrating data from Google Drive: 2119210421 bytes is too big, 1000000000 is the maximum for streaming data."

• 26 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I uploaded my videos to Google Drive and used Zapier to transfer it to my YouTube channel. However, I recently encountered an error: "Error while hydrating data from Google Drive: 2119210421 bytes is too big, 1000000000 is the maximum for streaming data."

Previously, it worked fine and transferred files even larger than 3GB, but now it's not working.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ntg123, welcome to the Community! 😁

It’s very strange that it let you upload a file of around 3GB previously but is erroring for a smaller file that’s about 2GB. I did some digging and found a similar case of this error occurring for someone that was also uploading videos from Google Drive to YouTube. I’ll share the suggestions from the Support team here in case it helps to get that error resolved:

While we can't increase the file size limit for streaming data on Zapier, there are two potential solutions you could try:

1. Reduce the size of your video file: You could use a video compression tool to reduce the size of your video file before uploading it to Google Drive. This could potentially bring the size under the 1GB limit and solve the issue.
2. Split the video into smaller parts: If reducing the size isn't possible or doesn't work, you could try splitting the video into smaller parts and then upload those parts individually. Once they're all on YouTube, you could then merge them back together using YouTube's own video editor.

Can you give the above a try and let me know if either of those do the trick?

I just had this same error start popping up after a couple months of the Zap working fine with larger file sizes. My average file size being 1.2 to 1.6 GB once a week over the last 6 months. I’ve just started getting the error over the last month or so. It’s a little disappointing when you’ve worked hard for something to be automated to find out the only solutions are manual ones you have to do outside of Zapier. If anyone has ideas to help the process remain simple, that’d be a huge help! 

My use case: I clip my video from a streaming service that only allows me one option for download quality and compression. I then drop this downloaded video directly to google drive and, boom, Zapier takes it from there. It was such a simple process that now introduces me interacting with the content at least twice as much unless I can set up a video conversion automation on the Windows 10 PC I use. I realize this may be asking too much but it’s frustrating when it was working flawlessly for 5 months. 

While we can't increase the file size limit for streaming data on Zapier, there are two potential solutions you could try:

1. Reduce the size of your video file: You could use a video compression tool to reduce the size of your video file before uploading it to Google Drive. This could potentially bring the size under the 1GB limit and solve the issue.
2. Split the video into smaller parts: If reducing the size isn't possible or doesn't work, you could try splitting the video into smaller parts and then upload those parts individually. Once they're all on YouTube, you could then merge them back together using YouTube's own video editor.

Can you give the above a try and let me know if either of those do the trick?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re running into these errors as well, @NMacMedia.

If you’ve not done so already I’d suggest checking the list of video-related apps on Zapier here to see if there’s any that might have the ability to reduce the file size or split the file up into smaller parts.

That said, I wonder if it’s worth updating the YouTube action in the Zap to select the file directly from the streaming service, rather than from Google Drive? Based on the reference to Google Drive in the error it seems that the issue is likely with Google Drive rather than the YouTube action itself.

To test that theory could you copy and paste the download link (for a file that previously errored) into the Video field on the YouTube action and test it to see it it’s able to upload it successfully? The download link will need to be publicly accessible in order for this to work, meaning that you don’t need to be logged in to download the file at that URL. So you might need to update the permissions for the file temporarily in your streaming service while testing this.

Keen to help get this sorted so please do let me know how that goes!

thanks for the response and ideas! I’m going to test a few things and see if I can get us up and running again, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome @NMacMedia! 🤗

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with that, eager to ensure you’re all set!

Userlevel 1

thanks for the response and ideas! I’m going to test a few things and see if I can get us up and running again, thanks

HI I am also facing with this problem after about 6 months between Google Drive, Zapier and YouTube for uploading my videos. There is always for one month a similar error to yours for the files more than 1 GB (3GB) recently and I am confused too. After testing many things, it seems that I have to buy a plan from Zappier to upload files more than 1 GB. I do not know why Zappier support do not help correctly in this regard? if I need to buy a plan for uploading more than 1GB, so say it obviously. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Avina! 🙂

As mentioned in the other thread you started discussing a similar error it seems that the Google Drive app was previously able to handle larger files (over 1GB) and that’s no longer the case which is why we’re now seeing these errors when attempting to share files from Google Drive actions over to other apps like YouTube. Upgrading your Zapier plan wouldn’t be the solution here. I’ve gone ahead and added everyone here to the feature request mentioned on that other thread so it’ll help to bump up it’s priority and allow us to send you all an email notification as soon as it’s implemented.

As these issues appear to have the same cause I’m going to close out this topic so folks can keep track of any updates to the feature request in the main topic for it here:

For anyone that comes across this and also wants to have their vote added please reach out on the main topic here and we’ll get you added to it as well!