Question

Error when running a zap between webhook to Mailjet

• 7 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I setup a new zap that catch a webhook and than supposed to “Subscribe Contact to Mailjet List in Mailjet”.

The data from the webhook retrieved correctly, but something in the action on Mailjet not working.

I’m getting this error message:

This Mailjet step hit an error

Error message: The app returned `{"message":"Error while making /contactdata API call - [{ \"dateneeded\" : \"CM09 \"05/01/2024\" is not a valid datetime value for key dateneeded\" }]"} What happened: Executing creates.subscribe_to_list.operation.perform with bundle

Can you please guide me what could cause this error?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @comparethecloud 

We will need to see screenshots with how the step is outlined and configured, in order to have full context.

Attached screenshots

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@comparethecloud 

Error seems to indicate the date/time values was not in the right format.

Try this format: YYYY-MM-DD

Don’t see where this field and value are configured in the screenshots from the Zap EDIT mode.

Thank you, but it is still not working.

I added the format change but still getting the same error.

Any other option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@comparethecloud 

Check the field description for possible guidance.

Help article from Mailjet to reference for valid timestamp formats:

https://documentation.mailjet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042706774-Which-date-formats-are-supported-by-Mailjet

Thank you.
It seems like the mm/dd/yyyy format is supported but error is still shown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@comparethecloud 

You may have to try reaching out to Mailjet Support for help troubleshooting with their Zap app integration.

Will do. thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @comparethecloud,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like the issue here is due to the format of the date. Could you please use a Date/Time Formatter step to convert the date to the format: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ssZ (2006-01-22T23:04:05-0000)? Mailjet likes this much better.

Also, be sure to define the From format in your Formatter step!

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!